[c-nsp] ip route-cache

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Thu Oct 14 12:58:14 EDT 2004

they're all variants of fast switching and you must use some form of it. netflow
is cool but if you're not going to use the data that is exported you may as well
not have it enabled and save your cpu cycles.

forget the routes. its about the actual switching of traffic from interface A to
interface B. with fast switching disabled (no ip route-cache/no ip cef) the
router will process switch each packet and you will not get very high throughput
before the cpu maxs.

as i say, always enable it!

Steve