[c-nsp] GigE cards for 6509

Paul Stewart pauls at nexicom.net
Thu Oct 14 15:54:52 EDT 2004

We need some more GigE cards for our 6509.  I contacted our supplier
today and was told that a WS-X6316-GE-TX 16 port copper GigE card (which
we already have one of and need another) is MORE money than a
WS-X6148-GE-TX card which has 48 10/100/1000 ports on it.

I'd be crazy not to buy a 6148 card it looks like... is there any
catches that I should know of?  This seems too easy..;)

We use these cards to connect servers but also run some basic QOS
functions and Dot1Q trunking on some interfaces...

Paul