[c-nsp] Cisco 3700 Series with L2TP tunnels and AIM-VPN Module

Adnan Ali adnan074 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 12:28:28 EDT 2004

Hi Guys,
I was trying to find out documentation on cisco to
figure out if I put aim-vpn/ep or ep2 card in 3725 or
3745 series router in order to take off the load from
the cpu for L2TP tunnel termination but I didnt get
any.
I get the impression that vpn module in 3700 series
router would take off the cpu load only if IPSec
tunnels are terminated...i would like to know for L2TP
as well...
Also, do you guys recommend 3725 or 3745 should be
goood enough to handle simultaneous 240 L2TP tunnels.
thanks,
Adnan Ali