[c-nsp] backup quandry

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Wed Oct 20 18:48:04 EDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 06:07:08PM -0400, Rodney Dunn wrote:
> I know this is a loaded question but...
>
> why is this "but I won't be going to 12.3 anytime soon"?

Probably RAM/flash constraints, as usual with Cisco gear. From
operational point of view, I have seen and heard of only good
things about 12.3 mainline (not the early ones, but let's say
starting with around 12.3(5) or so).

> But I do like to hear customer's opinions sometimes
> when I see things like this.

Hm, about what? About Ciscos policy of not providing "just ENOUGH"
RAM and flash with the gear to avoid customers being forced into
forklift upgrades? ;)

See also Gert's comments on 12.2(25)S memory usage...

Sorry for sarcasm, but this is really Cisco Blues (one of the verses).
:-)

Best regards,
Daniel