[c-nsp] backup quandry

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Oct 21 03:02:20 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 06:07:08PM -0400, Rodney Dunn wrote:
> I know this is a loaded question but...
>
> why is this "but I won't be going to 12.3 anytime soon"?
>

> Why am I asking?  Sometimes I get the feeling people
> always make decisions based on what they hear and
> typically we only hear bad news.  People don't send
> an email much and say "hey, I upgraded and it all
> went smooth."

Just to state it, then :-) - our ATM/DSL and L2TP aggregation routers
are running various versions of 12.3(x), and most things "just work as
I expect them to do".  No crashes, no spectacular malfunctions.

Of course there are nuisances (like "no IPv6 RBE" and "still querying the
wrong IPv6 reverse DNS tree") but those are minor.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de