[c-nsp] vpdn aaa attribute nas-port vpdn-nas

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Thu Oct 21 08:49:06 EDT 2004

Hi,

> cisco say this:
>
> "vpdn aaa attribute nas-port vpdn-nas
> To enable the L2TP network server (LNS) to send PPP extended NAS-Port
> format values from the L2TP access concentrator (LAC)
> to the RADIUS server for accounting, use the vpdn aaa attribute
> nas-port vpdn-nas global configuration command"
>
> It's working, the npe-g1(LNS) sends dialup infos in accounting
> packets like
>
> NAS-Port-Type = Async
> Cisco-NAS-Port = "Async2/27"
> Calling-Station-Id = "123456"
> Called-Station-Id = "123456"
> and so on.
>

> I can't understand how this information is put to the LNS from the
> LAC. I supposed that the LAC sends this information in L2TP ICRQ or
> ICCN with the standard L2TP AV-PAIRs. But I can't see any kind of AVP
> relating these. I see only the mandatory AVPs.
[...]
> Is there anybody know how LAC send nas-port,clid,dnis information to
> the LNS ?

Please take a look at "deb vpdn l2x-packets" at the LNS, we don't decode
the AVPs in the LAC's debug (this was recently added to 12.3T). On the
LNS, you will see

Tnl41382 L2TP: Parse ICRQ
[...]
Tnl41382 L2TP: Parse  AVP 22, len 16, flag 0x8000 (M)
Tnl41382 L2TP: Calling Number 123456789
Tnl41382 L2TP: Parse  AVP 21, len 8, flag 0x8000 (M)
Tnl41382 L2TP: Called Number 987654321
Tnl41382 L2TP: Parse Cisco AVP 100, len 13, flag 0x0
Tnl41382 L2TP: Client NAS Port
         41 73 79 6E 63 31 36
Tnl41382 L2TP: No missing AVPs in ICRQ

> And how can the LAC send connectinfo(rx,tx) attribute to the LNS? if
> it can.

AVP 24 and 38, see RFC2661..

	oli