[c-nsp] GigE Link Problem

Mark Taylor maillist at smashie.ision.co.uk
Tue Oct 26 13:42:59 EDT 2004

Thanks to everyone for the replies, I resolved the issue in the end. It
turned out that 3 fiber cables out of a batch of 4 were faulty and these
were all brand new cables. It wasn't until after persevering that I actually
got to the 4th cable, as you can imagine I wouldn't have thought it'd be
necessary to try that many.

These are Cisco Gbic's and SFP's and all 1000BaseSX, but thanks for the
suggestions.

Cheers,
Mark.