[c-nsp] EIGRP Adversing Problem

Hudson Delbert J Contr 61 CS/SCBN Delbert.Hudson at LOSANGELES.AF.MIL
Tue Oct 26 13:53:44 EDT 2004

GUYZ,

depends on whether you want to keep adjacencies or not.

in EIGRP, 'passive-interface' statement kills adjacencies because

__ALL__

hello traffic is __IGNORED__ in ### BOTH ### directions, so we

__DONT__

want to use the 'passive-interface' statement.

i'd suggest a combo of filter (dist list) and inverting or negating
the passive interface command thusly to retain adjacencies.

access-list 25 deny any  ! THIS KILLS OUTBOUND ADVERTS - ADDED BONUS YOU CAN
				 ! LEAK UPDATES YOU WANT TO GET OUT AND JUST
AS QUICKLY
                         ! PLUG THE LEAK - PIRANHA at SUSPICIOUS.ORG

router eigrp 1
NO passive-interface 'INTERFACE#'
distribute-list 25 out 'INTERFACE#'

~v/r