[c-nsp] VPDN VPN

Nick Shah Nick.Shah at aapt.com.au
Tue Oct 26 20:03:06 EDT 2004

Mark,

Use something like this in your radius:

fred       Password="cisco123"
        Framed-IP-Address = "172.16.100.21",
        Service-Type = Framed,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        cisco-avpair = "lcp:interface-config#1=ip address 172.16.100.22
255.255.255.252",

That way a /30 virtual link is created between the DSL CPE  & the LNS
(or LAC). All users should have a distinct /30 assigned via this method.

An alternate way is like this :

fred       Password="cisco123"
        Framed-IP-Address = "172.16.100.21",
        Service-Type = Framed,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        cisco-avpair = "lcp:interface-config#1=ip unnumbered loopback99"

Then on the router, create a loopback 99 and assign it an ip address out
of the 172.16.100.x (with a /32 mask). So, all users should have a
distinct ip address, but same loopback to point to. That way, you will
have a P2MP topology.

rgds