[c-nsp] What MTU for Bellsouth BBG / BRAS <-> LNS l2TP tunnel?

Brian Feeny signal at shreve.net
Wed Oct 27 12:48:57 EDT 2004

So you are running MTU 4470 on the PVC over which your L2TP session is
built,
but I am using 1500, and thats probably the difference.

In the old days I use to think PPPoE was more ideal, because it could
terminate on the
customer desktop (WinPoet, etc).  But of course DSL is almost always
terminated into
CPE, so maybe I should look more closely at PPPoA vs. PPPoE.

I would still like to solve my MTU issues, which I probably should try
to just raise the MTU
of my L2TP port.  PPPoA or PPPoE you still have a customer on ethernet
somewhere negotiating
an MTU with a distance end, and I would think there is going to be alot
of simularities in the problems
you find.

Brian

------
Brian Feeny, CCIE #8036, CISSP    	e: signal at shreve.net
Network Engineer           			p: 318.213.4709
ShreveNet Inc.             			f: 318.221.6612