[c-nsp] ATM CRC errors

James Hamilton jamesh at swcp.com
Wed Oct 27 13:48:43 EDT 2004

Hi there, we've got an ATM DS3 to Qwest (our telco) for Qwest based T1s and
DSL.  It's taken ~588 input CRC errors in the last 20 minutes.  The count for
the last week was ~140,000 CRC's.  I've been unable to match these CRC errors
to the counters for my interfaces.  There were about 100,000 CRC's that I
couldn't match to any interface except the main atm1/0 interface.

We've checked the physical line, Qwest has monitored the port.  They are
telling me that discarded cells are the cause.  If that is the case shouldn't
I be able to match the main interface CRC counter to the CRC counters for all
my subinterfaces?  Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

--

James Hamilton
Southwest Cyberport