[c-nsp] Per Packet vs Per Destination Load Balancing

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Thu Oct 28 10:34:39 EDT 2004

Current packet forwarding implementations don't
do any type of dynamic load balancing (other than
MLPPP).  Packets are forwarded based on some
mechanism (per packet, per destination, per flow, etc.)
with no knowledge of load.  MLPPP is the only one
that takes the load in to account.

So "new traffic does _not_ tend to migrate to the other less used circuit"
is expected.

Rodney