[c-nsp] What MTU for Bellsouth BBG / BRAS <-> LNS l2TP tunnel?

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Fri Oct 29 18:17:21 EDT 2004

>> But sites like Amazon still do not work!  I am thinking amazon
>> is blocking the ICMP replies from the "cant fragment" messages.
>> If they are then this is insane.  Why set DF in the first place
>> if your not going to listen to what gets sent back?
> Because these people are just plain ignorant and stupid.

amazon is about as stupid about networking as the moslem world is
about the current us government.  if they're doing something,
there's a reason.  we can try to understand how this might not work
with load balancing/distribution devices, might be a security
issue, or we could break down and ask them.  being lazy, i'll do
the latter and get back to you.

randy