[c-nsp] MLPPP bridged

Kevin kevin at honeycomb.net
Wed Sep 1 17:03:45 EDT 2004

I'm using 12.3(5a) on my 7513.

Kevin,

-----Original Message-----
From: Rodney Dunn [mailto:rodunn at cisco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 12:46 PM
To: Kevin
Cc: Rodney Dunn; cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] MLPPP bridged

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 11:17:21AM -0500, Kevin wrote:
> I've been having really odd issue with MLPPP on the 7513, for one I'm
> using an 8 port FSIP board instead of a PA,

Ok. So you don't get dCEF in/out of this slot.

> And the main problems I've been having are based on the cpu load, I
> have an RSP4 which could be a problem.

Depends on overall traffic load.

> But basically If I have dCEF enabled, then the multilink breaks, can't

> ping the other side, BGP session does'nt come up, etc. Between 2 BGP
> sessions and 1 MLPPP on the 7513,

Do I recommend this setup on the 75xx? No.
Should it work, yes if you are not in 12.0S code.

What code are you on?

> it's really taxing the RSP4.

Bundling a few T1's together should not be a big deal for an RSP4
assuming the other transit traffic through the box is dCEF switched for
the cards that support it.

If you want to debug it let me know.