[c-nsp] Multi-VRF on Cat3550 vs 3750

Will Hargrave will at harg.net
Thu Sep 2 08:36:26 EDT 2004

All,

Been buying a mixture of Cat3550s and Cat3750s (each with EMI).

I've just noticed Multi-VRFs aren't supported on the 3750 but are on the
3550. Is this a market share decision to get you to buy the 3750 Metro?

I'd buy 3550s but they don't currently support IP Source Guard which is
another feature I'd like. But then that's not on the 3750 Metro
either...

Anyone got an idea of the roadmap for the 3550/3750/3750 Metro and how
they're supposed to fit together? I'd assume the 3750 Metro is designed
to be a replacement for the 3550 in the service provider market with the 3750 in
enterprises.

Will