[c-nsp] Best way to get a feature enhancement added?

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Tue Sep 7 14:11:11 EDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 12:58:23PM -0400, Dave Temkin wrote:
> Perhaps the Cisco folk on the list could help me.  I'd like to get a ddts
> filed to have the Track feature enhanced to allow for a longer "up"
> period.  Currently you can only wait a max of 180 seconds when a route
> becomes reachable before the "track" is considered up and HSRP fails back
> over.

Simply open a TAC case and ask them to file a sys-wish bug for you
to add the functionality.  If it's a large change it's best to
go through your account team channels so they can submit a formal
product enhancement request.  If it's small changes sometimes we
can get them done through TAC but not always.

> I'd like to be able to set this all the way up to a matter of hours if
> possible.

If you can give them a clear concise example of what you want to do
when you open the case they shouldn't mind filing it.

Just understand that it may not overnight but at least it would
be in the pipeline.

> Alternatively, if you can think of a good alternative to this I'd be all
> ears.

None that I know of.