[c-nsp] Per packet Load balancing

Amol Sapkal amolsapkal at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 13:38:08 EDT 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:46:33 -0400, Rodney Dunn <rodunn at cisco.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 10:09:59PM +0530, Amol Sapkal wrote:
> > Seems the post went in too early.
> > I checked after few minutes, the incoming load balancing doesnt work
> > now. I think I am missing something.
> >
> > This was what was done:
> > ip cef enabled globally.
> > Following command added to the physical interfaces which have the
> > sub-interfaces supposed to 'static load balance' the downlink traffic.
> >
> > ip load-sharing per-packet
> >

> > What is it that I am missing?
>
> Put that command on the "ingress" interface that feeds the downstream
> PVC's.
>
> ie: Your links coming in from the internet.

Ok. I  put this on the incoming interface ( to Internet) but still it
didnt seem to load balance. But after I re-put it on the outgoing
interfaces, it is load-balancing closely( but not as accurately close
as process switched).
Any reason for this?

The hash table shows me the 2 outgoing interfaces for each IP of the /28 pool.
In the 'ip cef accounting' , I dont have the 'load' option.

Thanks - Amol

--
Warm Regds,

Amol Sapkal