[c-nsp] Netflow Collectors

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Fri Sep 10 01:35:20 EDT 2004

> I use cflowd, have a look at the features from http://netacad.kiev.ua/flowc
> There's also support for MySQL server to store traffic information
> (MySQL + PHP works fine for my campus statistics)

We actually use both cflowd and flow-tools. However, there is no new
development for cflowd, and on

	http://www.caida.org/tools/measurement/cflowd/

they specifically say

"cflowd is no longer supported by CAIDA. Instead, please consider the
use of flow-tools, which will provide a toolset for working with NetFlow
data. flow-tools can also be used (like cflowd) in conjunction with
FlowScan, maintained by Dave Plonka at the University of Wisconsin,
Madison."

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no