[c-nsp] OER, 12.3T

Siva Valliappan svalliap at cisco.com
Fri Sep 10 17:00:31 EDT 2004

Hi Manoj,

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Manoj koshti wrote:

> Hi Siva,
>
> How are you ? Do you know any  one delployed OER ? Do i need to buy some hard ware for this ?

pretty good.  since i don't work in the area of routing technologies
i am not familiar with the extent of OER deployments.  you don't need
to buy special hardware for OER.  IOS can function as both the
OER master controller and OER border router.  There is also a special
purpose appliance that you can purchase to use as a dedicated OER
master controller.

http://www.cisco.com/go/fn/

lists all the platforms that currently support OER (which range from
the 1700 and up).  you will probably want a more powerfull router
(e.g. 3745, 7200-NPE-G1) for a OER master controller if it's managing
multiple clients.

cheers
.siva