UPDATE - Re: [c-nsp] Sup720 won't log link status changes? WTF?!

David Sinn dsinn at dsinn.com
Tue Sep 14 17:31:04 EDT 2004

Because boot time and or day-to-day operational logging of a 6513 with 12 96
port 10/100 cards would suck.  :)

(OK, so this decision pre-dates the 96 port cards & the 6513, but the point
is still the same.  Someone at Cisco decided that logging lots of low speed
ports on a big box would be problematic.  So they left it up to the operator
to decide if it was or wasn't a problem for their network.)

David