[c-nsp] 3750 over 3550 (EMI)

Dave Temkin dave at ordinaryworld.com
Thu Sep 16 11:02:22 EDT 2004

There's one nice one out there right now.
CSCef35924

"Catalyst 3750 switch might experience memory leak in IP RIB update
process.

Workaround: Reboot the switch."

We saw this bug when we had flapping EIGRP routes.  I'm not entirely sure
if the same problem exhibits itself with flapping BGP routes.

The switch went from 60MB of free memory to 1MB in the span of 48 hours
with 1 badly flapping route.  It stopped responding completely.  Not
pretty.

The "fixed" software isn't scheduled until sometime late October.

-Dave