[c-nsp] Gigabit aggregation switches

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Fri Sep 17 15:27:25 EDT 2004

We have the 3550 and it is a Layer 3 switch.  We use it as the core of
our LAN.  Routing to all my other IDF's.  Works great for that.  I just
needed a switch that I could customize to fit.  I have some fiber runs
that are SX and some that are LX then I also have some local connections
in the MDF that we just run Gig-o-copper.  I has been up and running
stable since we got it.

We also bought a 2948 that we are going to use in a SAN.  Haven't put it
in place yet, but first thing that cot my eye was it is CatOS and has 4
SFP ports. It is just the run of the mill layer 2 switch.

I don't have any experience with the 2970.  Sorry.

Scott