[c-nsp] PA-T3 vs. PA-T3+

Lukas Krattiger luk at everyware.ch
Tue Sep 21 02:50:48 EDT 2004

Hi,
Yes we did talk to our carrier. The engineer sent me a part from his
reference handbook where the "T3" is explaind. Afterall the piece from this
book was useless, because as soon as we run it like that, we are getting
lots of errors on the line.
We decided to implement the T3's by our best practice.
I suggest everyone who has problem with a PA-T3 and "Line-Internal-Clocking"
should try it with "Line-Line-Clocking". If you still get crc-errors try it
with a Long-Cable or/and "Resistance-Pieces" (this was also suggested by our
carrier to solve the entire problem).

With two carriers (Swisscom and Colt) our "best practice" implementation
works perfect.

Cheers
-Lukas