[c-nsp] Blocking a Mac address at a router interface

Annu Roopa annu_roopa at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 11:38:31 EDT 2004

Hi Chris,

Get his MAC address from the Arp table and put an Mac filter i think ACL 200 on the inbound for his mac at the Ethernet interface of 1721.. Dont seem to remember the ACL # from top of my head but i am pretty sure it can be done.

Annu.

Chris Moore - GMD <chris.moore at gmd.com> wrote:
Hi all,

This seems like it should be super-easy, but I just can't seem to figure it
out!

I have a branch office served by a 1721 router. I have a guy there with his
own laptop that he keeps connecting to the network against company policy,
changing his IP to evade filters. I know, we should just fire the guy, but
company politics, not my decision, etc,etc.......Anyhoo, how can I block his
mac at the 1721's Ethernet interface? Unfortunately the cheapo switch in
place fails to provide adequate port security.

Thanks,

Chris

Confidential/Proprietary Note

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system. Thank you.
Guardian Mortgage Documents, Inc.
225 Union Boulevard, Suite 200
Lakewood, CO 80228.