[c-nsp] Troubleshooting Lag between GigE interfaces

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Thu Sep 23 12:05:36 EDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 11:53:39AM -0400, Paul Stewart wrote:
> So, because
>
> gw-7513#sh align
>
> No alignment data has been recorded.
>
> No spurious memory references have been recorded.
>
> is clean.. then I need to identify why it's packet switching even though
> dcef is running correct?

Correct.  But, you can't dCEF switch packets if dCEF isn't
running to the VIP slots.  That's what we need to figure
out first.

dCEF running on a card doesn't have anything to do with
features.

dCEF not running usually is because the VIP doesn't have
enough memory to store the FIB so it disables itself.

Or either we lost IPC communication to the slot (ie:
CPU is too high to respond to keepalives) and it disables
itself.

  Sorry, just need to understand what I'm trying