[c-nsp] IBM Bladecenter with Cisco Switches - Question.

Vish Yelsangikar vyelsangikar at netflix.com
Fri Sep 24 12:15:03 EDT 2004

Does anyone have any experience with

IBM Bladecenters with their old non-Cisco (Supposed to be DLink) built
in switches that they call ESMs (Ethernet Switch Modules)
and
IBM Bladecenters with their latest Cisco built in switches.

We are having many issues with their old switches lately. Specifically
some spanning tree loops.

We just got our latest Cisco ESMs on our new Blade centers and don't
know how they are. Just about to put them in production.  Just wanted to
find out from those guys who have been using Bladecenters with Cisco
ESMs what their experience has been with this set up.

Vish