[c-nsp] AS5300 config

Michael Markstaller mm at elabnet.de
Mon Sep 27 03:11:05 EDT 2004

I'll try to comment some things:

> !
> boot system flash:c5300-is-mz.122-24a.bin
we're running 12.2(2)XB15 which worked out to work quite fine and has
v.92 support.
If you're progessive you might also try 12.3 mainline. It should work
the same but I had some troubles with the IPSec-part..

> !
> spe 1/0 2/9
>   firmware location flash:mica-modem-pw.2.9.5.0.bin
I don't see why you'd run mica-modem.. might be due to the IOS-version,
I'm running the in above IOS-integrated np_spe_firmware1 0.7.18.3

> interface Virtual-Template1
>   ip unnumbered FastEthernet0
>   peer default ip address pool pool0
>   ppp authentication pap chap ms-chap callin
possibly reorder to have the more secure choices first, also I've never
needed MS-CHAP for anything other than to produce troubles (this might
heavily depend on users' OS and your radius backend! keep ms-chap if in
doubt):
 ppp authentication chap pap callin

other stuff looks ok from first view. try the IOS, this might be the
major thing.

Michael