[c-nsp] PA-2FE-TX speed

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Mon Sep 27 19:50:15 EDT 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Daniel Roesen wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 07:23:16PM -0400, Andy Dills wrote:
> > > There are 4 and 8 port 10 Mb/s-only port adapters available. I think they
> > > are the PA-4E and PA-8E but I'm not sure if I'm remembering those part
> > > numbers correctly.
> >
> > Yes, and they can be acquired for well under $200 US, since he doesn't
> > need the VXR compatible version. Given that he can add routed interfaces
> > to his router for a similar price as any other media conversion solution
> > (and without an additional power supply), I can't imagine choosing a
> > different solution than the PA-4E or PA-8E.
>
> Attention: PA-[48]E do half-duplex only if I remember correctly!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2033/products_module_installation_guide_chapter09186a0080109273.html

"Note  The PA-8E interfaces can both be configured at 10 Mbps, full duplex
(FDX), for a maximum aggregate bandwidth of 80 Mbps."

However, that certainly doesn't mean that there aren't versions that
couldn't do full duplex.

Any gurus know the history of this PA?

Andy

---