[c-nsp] warm-reboot on c1712

Siva Valliappan svalliap at cisco.com
Tue Sep 28 18:57:33 EDT 2004

Hi Michael,

   i discussed this issue with the 1700 team.  IOS Warm Reload is
currently only supported in 12.3(4)XQ on the 1712.  12.3(4)XQ is
a special release of IOS for the 1700.  It will be available in
12.3()T at the next release of 12.3T (so it's a couple of months away).

   Feature Navigator in this case is wrong.  we will get it fixed.
on a related note, the next feature in the warm reload series - warm
upgrade - is available as of 12.3(11)T.  if anybody plays around
with it and has feedback, i would love to hear it  :)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00802b4382.html

btw we are not supporting Warm Upgrade on the 1700 because of memory
limitations.  and i am aware that FN is currently not displaying
warm upgrade support  :(  we are fixing it.

cheers
.siva