[c-nsp] new Cisco routers 1800/2800/3800

Neil J. McRae neil at colt.net
Wed Sep 29 16:31:06 EDT 2004

2800 has shipped, 3800 ships next week.
PPS is considerably up [more than double] from the
17xx 26XXXM and 3700, ASIC based with fully integrated
firewall with hardware IPSEC. the higher end 28 models
have 2 GE on copper +and+ with SFP changeable optics. New
HWIC high bandwidth wics and higher bandwidth NMs.
Power over Ethernet with 8 port dual HWIC cards.
Lots of voice features apart from on the 1800 which has
no voice at all.  They also have USB ports that support
token keys to let you have access to the box and download
configurations etc.

Regards,
Neil