[c-nsp] 10 Mb internet traffic on a 3640?

Ronen Isaac risaacla at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 20:13:53 EDT 2004

Hello All,
I am working on a project where I will need to be running a minimum of
10 Mb of internet traffic 24 hours a day through a router with plans
of expansion in the future.  I was wondering if a CISCO3640 will be
able to handle my current bandwidth as well as our future needs.  If
you do not think it will do the trick then your recommendations would
be greatly appreciated.  Also, for future reference how would I be
able to determine the bandwidth limitations of a router just by
looking at the kpps limitations and CPU speed?

Thanking you in advance for all your help.

Kind regards,
Ronen Isaac - CCNA, CCSE
Continental Computers
920 N. Nash St, Bldg B