[c-nsp] Re: T1 circuits over OC3

Jay Ford jay-ford at uiowa.edu
Thu Sep 30 23:19:21 EDT 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, RH List Account wrote:
> I have an ATM-OC3 circuit into my local telco, and they are able to deliver
> Frame and SMDS (remember that?) clients with no problems.  However, straight
> T1 or frac-T1 connections are a no-go.  I have a few clients who want to get
> off the frame cloud and onto direct T1s.  The telco has no clue on how to
> deliver it so that I can see it, or what config I should be using.

This might not be what you were after, but there is a hardware solution to
this.  It involves T1 circuit emulation cards (WAI-T1C-4RJ48) for a
LightStream 1010 ATM switch at the edges, which allow the T1s to be carried
in CBR PVCs through the ATM cloud.  I have 3 of those cards, which I bought &
tested a few years ago but never deployed.  I also have several 1010 chassis
& OC-3 cards which I no longer need & could probably be persuaded to part
with.  Let me know if you're interested.  If this isn't applicable to your
situation, then never mind.