[c-nsp] Debugging T1 Bounces on CT3

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Tue Apr 5 09:28:37 EDT 2005

Greg Boehnlein wrote:
> Hello all,
> 	We have a 7507 w/ RSP4/256M and a VIP-2-50 w/ CT3 card running
> rsp-pv-mz.123-11.T3.bin. The CT3 card is plugged into an Adtran MX2800 DS3
> mux. The Adtran is used to consolidate DS1 circuits from various carriers

Ah, looks fairly familiar to me.  I've got several 7507 RSP4/256M
VIP2-50 PA-MC-2T3 combos around my network.  Two of them are connected
to MX2820s.  One of them was showing horrendous errors (including the T3
controller flapping; a thread here a few weeks ago has me checking
12.0(28)S2, as I'm at 12.0(27)S3 at the moment) on the MC-2T3, but clean
as a whistle on the mux.  A cable swap has significantly lowered the
errors, but not completely eliminated them.  Next step is to swap to the
protect card in the mux, and we're coming up on the window to do that.

Do you have "sh contr t3 1/0/0 tab", and if so is it clean?

pt