[c-nsp] Preference: Advertised route vs Default static.

Gangasagar Amula sagar_cisco at rediffmail.com
Tue Apr 5 09:53:23 EDT 2005

Dear All,
We have hierarchical network.For e.g as below....
                B                          C
     D               E                F          G

( A is root, is connected to B and C.
B inturn is connected to D and E.  ///// C is connected to F and G/////

Now if I am advertising default route from "A" through EIGRP ( thro' ip summary-address....) on the interface connected to "b" and "C".(Normally such summarisation take AD as "5".)
And if I give a static default route on "B" with AD as "5" as below
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 (ip addr. of the int. of "A" connected to "B") 5( same AD as of above)

If this is the case, what will be prefered...static route or default route advertise by eigrp.
Will "D" and "E" will be able to learn their default route....
Regards,
Sagar.