[c-nsp] 7304 impressions

dxz107 at gmail.com dxz107 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 10:58:12 EDT 2005

Does anyone have any 7304 impressions to share ?

We're considering the platform as a replacement for several 7200s
where higher capacity & higher density is desired (multiple OC3s,
DS3s).  These are places on our network where the 7200s don't quite
cut it anymore but the a 7600 or GSR is just too much.  So the 7304
seems to fit the requirements nicely.

The 7304 seems to only support 12.2S trains. So software options are a
little limited.   Impressions on stability, performance, anything else
?  We're leaning towards the NPE-G100 engine (this thing is G1 based,
right?).  The 3.5 pps offered by the NSE engine is nice on paper, but
I don't think I'd want to deal with PXF.