[c-nsp] New Cisco Switch?

John Neiberger John.Neiberger at efirstbank.com
Wed Apr 6 16:29:15 EDT 2005

Yeah, pretty much. :)  The latest IOS you can get for those is
12.0(5)WC11. And since they're refurbished you have to get them
inspected, at a hefty cost, before you can get SmartNET contracts on
them. If my only two options were a refurbished 3548XL and an HP
ProCurve 2950 then I'm definitely buying the HP switch. You get 48-ports
of 10/100, two built-in 1000BaseT uplinks, two GBIC slots, lots and lots
of features, three interfaces (CLI, menu, and web-based GUI), some Cisco
features like CDP, TACACS+, and Fast Etherchannel, lifetime warranty
with next-day replacement, free software upgrades, and free support, all
for $900.

Which  would you choose? :)

John
--

>>> "Mike Carter" <mike.c at altatechnologies.com> 4/6/05 2:24:20 PM >>>
what's wrong with a good ol fashioned refurbished 3548-xl-en???

too old for you ???

MC