[c-nsp] Link Aggregation to Dell

info at beprojects.com info at beprojects.com
Wed Apr 6 17:32:08 EDT 2005

Has anybody run a link bundle from a 3750 to a Dell PowerConnect 6024
using LACP?  I've got it configured the way I think it should be, but
both ends only show one link active (it is back to back with brand new
cables, so I know it isn't a cable issue).

Here is my 3750 config:

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1
  switchport mode access
  no ip address
  no mdix auto
  channel-group 1 mode active
  channel-protocol lacp
!
interface GigabitEthernet1/0/2
  switchport mode access
  no ip address
  no mdix auto
  channel-group 1 mode active
  channel-protocol lacp

Here is the Dell 6024 config:

interface range ethernet g(1-2)
channel-group 1 mode on

Here is the output from the Cisco:

CIB-3750#show ether 1 port
                 Ports in the group:
                 -------------------
Port: Gi1/0/1
------------

Port state    = Up Sngl-port-Bndl Mstr Not-in-Bndl
Channel group = 1           Mode = Active      Gcchange = -
Port-channel  = null        GC   =   -         Pseudo port-channel = Po1
Port index    = 0           Load = 0x00        Protocol =   LACP

Flags:  S - Device is sending Slow LACPDUs   F - Device is sending fast
LACPDUs.
         A - Device is in active mode.        P - Device is in passive mode.

Local information:
                             LACP port     Admin     Oper    Port     Port
Port      Flags   State     Priority      Key       Key     Number   State
Gi1/0/1   SA      indep     32768         0x1       0x1     0x1A     0x7D

Age of the port in the current state: 00d:00h:07m:07s
Port: Gi1/0/2
------------

Port state    = Up Sngl-port-Bndl Mstr Not-in-Bndl
Channel group = 1           Mode = Active      Gcchange = -
Port-channel  = null        GC   =   -         Pseudo port-channel = Po1
Port index    = 0           Load = 0x00        Protocol =   LACP

Flags:  S - Device is sending Slow LACPDUs   F - Device is sending fast
LACPDUs.
         A - Device is in active mode.        P - Device is in passive mode.

Local information:
                             LACP port     Admin     Oper    Port     Port
Port      Flags   State     Priority      Key       Key     Number   State
Gi1/0/2   SA      indep     32768         0x1       0x1     0x1B     0x7D

Age of the port in the current state: 00d:00h:07m:07s

Here is the output from the Dell:

CIB-DELL# show int status port 1
                                           Flow    Link          Back
Ch       Type    Duplex  Speed  Neg      control  State       Pressure
ch1      1G      Full    1000   Enabled  Off      Up          Disabled

It's clearly not making a two port bundle, but I can't figure out why.
Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

Peder