[c-nsp] 837 LLQ Policy-Map problem

Tim Franklin tim at colt.net
Thu Apr 7 04:18:49 EDT 2005

> I have an 837 router with 12.3(14)T IOS running.
> I have a couple of problems.
> First, when making policy-maps, the shape average command does not
> appear in the running config.
> Example commands input:
> policy-map INGRESS-VOIP-POLICY
>   class class-default
>    shape average 256000
>    service-policy VOIP-LLQ-CHILD
>
> A show run reveals that the 'shape average 256000' is not there.
>
> Furthermore, when I try to apply the service-policy to any
> interface, or
> an ATM pvc, IOS accepts the command 'service-policy output
> VOIP-POLICY,
> however a show run reveals that the command is not present.
> Also a show
> policy-map interface output confirms that there is no service
> policies
> applied to any interface.

This may be a silly question, but do you see anything in the log immediately
after trying to apply the config?

I've been bitten on several occasions by 800s rejecting service policies
(for various valid reasons), but the error message is *only* written to the
log, not to the vty session where the commands were entered, i.e. from the
operator's perspective it looks like the config has been accepted.

Regards,
Tim.

____________   Tim Franklin                 e: tim at colt.net
\C/\O/\L/\T/   Product Engineering Manager  w: www.colt.net
 V  V  V  V    Managed Data Services        t: +44 20 7863 5714
                                            f: +44 20 7863 5876