[c-nsp] 837 LLQ Policy-Map problem

Andre Beck cisco-nsp at ibh.net
Thu Apr 7 12:31:56 EDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 02:41:57PM -0500, Eric Helm wrote:
> I have an 837 router with 12.3(14)T IOS running.

Stability of 12.3(14)T doesn't seem best (I've had it crash on me
in SegVs more than once in the last two days, seems there's a bug
in doprnt caused by ACL logging), but at least on the 831 it took
these commands.

> I have several 831 routers with similar IOS that work just fine with
> these commands.

I can't actually help you with the 837 and disappearing config commands
(though I had something similar with 7206s running 12.0S where I was
unable to configure EIGRP because any command entered just disappeared,
so at least it's not just you and not just QoS), but you write that
your 831s that work just fine with this setup: Did you actually verify
that the voice prioritization (LLQ) in a child policy map under a
shaper parent works as expected, by giving you lowest possible latency?
In my lab tests it doesn't seem to make any difference RTT-wise whether
I apply the LLQ or not, which gives me the creeps for a VoIP project I'm
working on. I'm looking into this because we had unexplainable packet
loss and sudden jitter when flood-pinging the infrastructure, and we
haven't even started really bad DoSing (hping3 etc).

TIA,
Andre.
--
                  The _S_anta _C_laus _O_peration

-> Andre Beck    +++ ABP-RIPE +++    IBH Prof. Dr. Horn GmbH, Dresden <-