[c-nsp] Experimental IOS Images

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Apr 11 14:44:49 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 12:21:34PM -0600, John Neiberger wrote:
> AS5350>show ver
> Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software
> IOS (tm) 5350 Software (C5350-IS-M), Version 12.2(2)XA4, EARLY
> DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

That's not actually "experimental", but "just" EARLY DEPLOYMENT.

The 12.2XA and XB releases are (if I remember correctly) based upon 12.2T
and add new hardware support for new product families.

There's a document describing IOS versions and what is based on what
at http://www.juniper.net/cartoons/03.html  - oops, SCNR :-) - some
more official Cisco documentation that explains the letters and IOS
versions is here:

 http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1818/products_tech_note09186a0080101cda.shtml
 http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1818/products_tech_note09186a00800b6e23.shtml
 http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5012/products_tech_note09186a00800afdb6.shtml

gert

PS: could someone *please* tell the Cisco web guys that URLs with more
than 80 characters are really annoying?  Especially if large part of the URL
consists of content-management-system random identifiers anyway.
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de