[c-nsp] ifindex persistence

Colin Whittaker colin.whittaker at heanet.ie
Wed Apr 13 05:30:15 EDT 2005

It used to work great but of late it has become very unreliable when you
upgrade the IOS on the device. HAve observered this behaviour on many
different IOS releases during the last 6 months/1 year on various
platforms including GSR/7600/7200/3725/Cat3750.

We have started using the interface name rather than depending on the
ifindex to remain stable. With MRTG this is achieved with the
--ifref=name option to cfgmaker.

Regards,

Colin

Colin Whittaker    colin.whittaker at heanet.ie    Tel: +353 1 6609040