[c-nsp] Opinions - sup720 Weirdness?

christian.macnevin at uk.bnpparibas.com christian.macnevin at uk.bnpparibas.com
Wed Apr 13 12:21:26 EDT 2005

On that note, some time ago when I was working with 6500s using 720 modules
with 12.2(17d)SXB4, we found a bug which screwed up any packets following a
default route within a VRF. I also heard tales of all the LDP neighbours
needing to be pinged before a routing change affectnig a default route
would start routing properly again.

Does this sort of thing persist? Or are the current code releases more
mature? I'm looking to maybe recommend the 7600s as the next strategic
platform here, so if they're going to inherit the 7500s reputation for bug
vulnerability, it'd be handy to know in advance..

Cheers,
Christian

Internet
mbernico at illinois.net - 12/04/2005 21:45