[c-nsp] corrupted IOS image when transferring using PCMCIA card

John Center john.center at villanova.edu
Wed Apr 13 16:04:21 EDT 2005

Hi,

We just did an upgrade from Hybrid to Native on two 6506s (PFC2/MSFC2).
  We had the 64MB ATA cards & we had a hard time getting the image on
the card.  TFTP wouldn't work - image too large - & FTP couldn't see
disk0:.  Eventually, we formated the card under CatOS, popped it out &
put it into a laptop, which recognized it as a drive.  Then, we copied
over the image & proceeded with the upgrade.  When it came time to
reformat it for Native IOS, we did the same procedure, again & it
worked!  We did this three times without a problem.  Only on the 4th
card did it fail because the card itself was bad.  We just used the same
procedure to upgrade from 12.2(18)SXD3 to SXD4 w/o a problem.  You might
want to try this.

HTH

	-John

John Center