[c-nsp] corrupted IOS image when transferring using PCMCIA card

Cis Ckp cisckp8 at yahoo.com.sg
Wed Apr 13 23:59:24 EDT 2005

Hi Neo Shi/anyone who knows,

> u cannot use the notebook's pcmcia slot with the
> 6509's memory card directly.

What if I get a USB-based Compact Flash card
reader that I can insert into my notebook's
USB port?  Will the copied image still be
corrupted.  I can get an unbranded reader for
only US$7 here.  My company is not paying for
these (though it's meant for work), so getting
ATA or any other memory cards that work is out
of the question.

I prefer not to use tftp or ftp server as
the MSFCs(6509) do not have an RJ45 module
& to do tftp, we have to open different
production firewalls & various approvals are
needed even to permit the firewalls
temporarily for tftp - too much of a hassle.

My last resort is to use a spare 6509 in the
store room (that has a RJ45 module card in it)
& I could always tftp the image into this 6509
from my notebook & then copy the image into
the Flash card.  I can then insert the Flash
card into the production MSFC(6509) & wait till
Sunday to dial in remotely to do the upgrade
from my home over the weekend  (our change/
maintenance window is 1-4am on Sundays).

To access this spare 6509 in the store room,
I'll need to get permission too as it's under
someone else's jurisdiction - so will most
appreciate suggestions for alternatives (that
won't cost me much - if I have to buy my own
ATA, it's probably worth it in the long run
as it saves me my travelling time & transport
expenses of coming in on Sundays).

Thanks to all the respondents

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x4371A48D