[c-nsp] load balance over two unequal cost links?

christopher_a_kane at bankone.com christopher_a_kane at bankone.com
Thu Apr 14 19:34:15 EDT 2005

That could be achieved with some metric manipulation depending upon the
protocol/s you are running. I think the objective would be more load
sharing than load balancing. But, before you go down that path, I'd be
concerned about the percentage of traffic that is TCP based. Depending on
distance and loads, could you incur out of sequence conditions that would
lead to so many re-transmissions as to render the solution more of a
hindrance than a help?

-chris

Christopher A Kane

"Matt Bazan" <Mbazan at onelegal.com>