[c-nsp] /go/fn bug?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Apr 15 12:02:06 EDT 2005

I saw from the latest security issue that 12.1T appears to be a dead
train, and
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/cisco-sa-20050412-icmp.shtml#software
recommends migrating from 12.1T to 12.2.28 or later.
Comparing c7200-js-mz.12.1-5.T19 to c7200-js-mz.12.2-28 (12.2.28a isn't in
fn yet), I get some weird results.

Features unique to 12.1T image:
MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching)
MPLS Class of Service (CoS)
MPLS Traffic Engineering (TE)
MPLS Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
MPLS VPN - OSPF PE-CE Support

Features unique to 12.2 image:
Dial on Demand Authentication Enhancements
Dynamic Bandwidth Change for ATM PVC's
Frame Relay-to-ATM Network Interworking (FRF.5) and Frame Relay-to-ATM
Service Interworking (FRF.8)
Inverse Multiplexing over ATM (IMA)
NetFlow
Voice DSP Control Message Logger

So the above troubles me because we do lots of MPLS VPN...and confuses me,
because AFAIK, 12.1T and oldver versions support netflow (ip route-cache
flow).

MPLS features common to both images are:
MPLS Class of Service (CoS) Enhancements
MPLS Egress NetFlow Accounting
MPLS Label Switch Controller (LSC) and Enhancements
MPLS Scalability Enhancements for LSC and ATM LSR
MPLS Traceroute
MPLS Traffic Engineering (TE) - OSPF Support
MPLS VPN - Inter-Autonomous System Support

but above, it said the 12.2.28 image didn't even support MPLS.  Is this
just a feature naming screwup/change between 12.1T and 12.2M, and 12.2.28
really does support MPLS and MPLS VPN?