[c-nsp] Inter ISP routing question

Joe Provo joe.provo+cisconsp at rcn.com
Sat Apr 16 15:50:04 EDT 2005

On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 10:57:55AM -0700, Chris Smith wrote:
> Here's the setup:
>
> T-1 connection to ISP A, /24 from ISP A
>
> 2xT-1 connection to ISP B
>
> If I point the default route to ISP B, most networks
> appear to stop respondiing.  I guess that I'm tripping
> over some anti-spoofing configurations.  Is there a
> way to make this work without going BGP?

Multihoming on the modern internet requires BGP - the only other
option is to haver allocations used for each provider and that
provider only.  Unless specifically anycasted, being a multi-
origin prefix is a Bad Thing.

--
Joe Provo                                            Voice  617.670.2904
Senior Manager, Internet Planning & Design           Fax    617.670.2920