[c-nsp] Inter ISP routing question

David Barak thegameiam at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 22:14:32 EDT 2005

Noooo!

BGP is your friend - if you're going to be multihomed,
you should apply to your RIR (assuming you're in North
America, it's
http://arin.net/registration/guidelines/asn.html) for
an ASN, and run BGP with your two providers.  Having
provider B statically route provider A's netblock may
violate ISP A's AUP, certainly will contribute to
inconsistency in the global Internet routing table,
and  redundancy may not work the way you want it to.

-David Barak

--- Yasser Aly <yaseraly00 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  Request from ISP B to advertise also the /24
> assigned to you from ISP A and route it back to you.
>

> Regards,
> Yasser
> Chris Smith <rooterdood at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Here's the setup:
>
> T-1 connection to ISP A, /24 from ISP A
>
> 2xT-1 connection to ISP B
>
> If I point the default route to ISP B, most networks
> appear to stop respondiing. I guess that I'm
> tripping
> over some anti-spoofing configurations. Is there a
> way to make this work without going BGP?
>
> --Chris

> archive at
> http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

David Barak