[c-nsp] enhanced object tracking

CLAEREBOUDT Elke ECLAEREB at mail.mobistar.be
Mon Apr 18 02:31:52 EDT 2005

Hi,

I don't want to track the pvc's or wan interface.
It even has not much to do with HSRP.
I read the document about enhanced tracking, but it's not that clear to
me.

The "active" router which is also the main entrance point for traffic
coming from the internet, has a default route pointing to the wan
interface, and has the public subnet configured on the ethernet
interface. SO as long as this interface stays up, it will keep on
dumping the traffic from internet on the wire.
Problem is when there's something wrong further in the network. The
physical link will stay up, but the traffic will dissapear in thin air.
SO what we would need to do. Change the setup and config a little bit,
so that the public range is reachable via a static route with a next hop
(=firewall) ang that the router will poll this next hop, if this next
hop is unreachable, the router must sends this traffic via the other
router (there's also a pvc configured between them).
And all this without dynamic routing.

Thanks

elke