[c-nsp] Bridge group woes and IRB

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Wed Apr 20 16:01:30 EDT 2005

Following on from Bruce's e-mail, which for some reason never made it to me:

I do see a change in TTL of packets when using BVIs vs. sub-interfaces.
If I have a BVI for the /30 and fa 6/0/0.100, I don't see this change,
but it MAY be routing one way and switching another - I need to research
a little further. Certainly it does appear that it is bridging the
packets between bridge-group 99 and bridge-group 100, which makes no
sense to me. On our production system it didn't care which way packets
were going out...

The hardware is a 7507 w/ RSP4 and a PA-FE on a VIP2-50. IOS version is
12.3(13a) Enterprise 3DES. I didn't have fast switching enabled simply
because IOS didn't enable it for me - I built this config in a rush and
didn't cleanly configure everything. I just wanted to replicate the
configuration I have on a production box we've had problems with.

David